Teen Orthodontics in Scarsdale, NY
There are so many reasons to smile when you are a teenager. If misaligned or crooked teeth are causing you to hide your smile, now is the perfect time to get the perfectly straight teeth you’ve always wanted. You can feel confident trusting your smile with Dr. Ray and his caring team. Whether it is through traditional braces or through Invisalign Teen, we guarantee that you will love the results!
Traditional metal braces are considered a right of passage for many teenagers. Traditional braces work by attaching metal brackets to your teeth. Over time, the brackets are tightened using wires and rubber bands, carefully moving your teeth and bite into perfect alignment. Not only are metal braces usually the most cost-effective way to align your teeth into a straight smile, there are also many benefits to choosing traditional braces.
- Traditional braces, in many cases, can require the shortest treatment time.
- They are very strong and durable.
- Traditional braces usually are the least expensive option to align your smile.
- Metal braces are used to treat a variety of alignment and bite issues, even the more severe cases.
Clear ceramic braces are another option available to get your smile just right. They work the same way as traditional metal braces, but instead of being made from a silver metal, ceramic braces are made from a clear, durable ceramic. Many teenagers love ceramic braces because they are less noticeable than metal braces. Ceramic braces are a great option that will perfect your smile.
- Ceramic braces have the same treatment duration as metal braces
- They are less noticeable when compared to metal braces.
- Ceramic braces use clear wires and rubber bands.
If you feel self-conscious wearing traditional braces, Invisalign Teen may be the right choice for you. Invisalign are clear aligner trays that gradually straighten your teeth. If you choose this treatment plan, Dr. Ray will conduct a thorough exam where digital x-rays and bite models are taken. Using his expertise with Invisalign, Dr. Ray will prescribe a set of clear aligner trays that you will switch out about every two weeks until the end of the treatment period. Some of the benefits of choosing Invisalign include:
- Complete confidence while wearing them since they are unnoticeable to the naked eye.
- The aligner trays are made of a strong, comfortable, clear material so there is no uncomfortable rubbing on your lips and gums.
- You can still eat all of the foods you love while using Invisalign.
- No extra time or care is needed when brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Invisalign aligners won’t interfere when playing sports or an instrument.
Let us help you get the perfect smile you deserve! Call us today at 914.725.2606 or contact us here to set up your consultation and see which orthodontic option is best for you.